6.1.16

New year -16 and freeze + seed sowing


IMG_3135

Well I missed the new year at this side of the blog. Many plant changes have occured and I have been forced to redo my setups.

The weather is litetally freezing here. The coldest days so far this winter have taken place now.

I took the Sarracenia (+flytrap)  seeds 2 days ago from the fridge to warm up and then I sown then yesterday. I put seeds in fridge 27.11. and I eventually kinda forgot about them since I was forced to lenghten their stratification about a week. Originally I had thought about sowing them 25.12.

This time sowing seed is quite exciting because the most of the seeds have have from my own plants! I tried some crossing last year but forgot what I had tried to cross and eventually ended up giving x OP names (open pollinated). Other seeds are from the Utrecht botanical garden in the netherlands where I took a few seed pods from their carnivorous plant bog. (Was it wring I'm sorry but I thought they wouldn't use them since the pods were super ripe and were craving for picking .__.)


  
Sää on mennyt aika rapsakaksi vai mitä suomalaiset?! :---D

Otin toissapäivänä jääkaapissa olleet tötterölehden ja kärpäsloukkujen siemenet pois.  Pistin ne sinne kylmäkäsittelyyn 27.11. ja alunperin olin merkanus istutuspäiväksi 25.12. mutta joulujutut sun muut kävi päälle. Onpahan siemenet ollut nyt ainakin 5 viikkoa käsittelyssä. Toivottavasti itää!

Tää on nyt toinen vuosi kun kylvän tötterölehtiä. Tänä vuonna tilanne on jännää koska suurin osa siemenistä on omista risteytyksistäni, omista kasveistani. Mulla kussi viime vuonna tötteröt ja innoissani pölyttelin niitä ees taas mutta en tajunnu siinä hurmoksessa merkitä mitä siitepölyä siirsin mihin ja tietysti on luonnon pörriäiset mitkä tekee omia taikojaan. Jotenka siemenet on nyt x OP merkinnällä eli emikasvi x avoimesti pölytetty (Open pollinated) merkinnällä. 

2 viikkoa ja toivotaan että jotakin itäisi taas!



No comments:

Post a Comment

kiitos! :-)