28.10.15

gemma collecting time !


I'm getting used to this new white-ish blog appearance :---)

Today I collected gemmae from my pygmies since the (propagation) season has started! I kept these plants in our basement under lights and actually took 3 species outside into our greenhouse. Since the days got colder I brought the outdoor ones inside and reunited them with basement grown ones. Then I moved their growing box (I'm using plain plastic container with 2x26W lights) to my room. It gets a lot warmer here and the daylight hours are around 13h.

When I started pygmies a year ago I was a bit afraid when thinking how not to kill 'em. However now I think I have solved the "problems" and found my method and cycles to grow them.

Winter cycle -> vegetative growth -> in the basement -> 12h light and 5-20C
Summer cycle -> reproductive growth -> in  a normal room -> +13h light and 21-30C



Nonni. Blogi on käynyt läpi pienen ulkomuodon muutoksen! Se olikin tarpeen!
 Postauksen pääasiana tänään kääpiökihokit. Omilla, kuten muillakn kasvattajilla ainakin täällä euroopassa on alkanut kääpiötten itusilmuista lisäämisen kausi. En tiedä miten he stimuloivat Australian kuivia oloja mutta itse ainakin siirrän kasvit viileästä kellarista tänne oman huoneeni lämpöön.
Aloin kasvattelemaan näitä kavereita ja silloin ajatus vaikutti pelottavalta - siis tehdä taas uusi kasvialuevaltaus. Todellakin kannatti, näähän on todellisia pikkutimantteja!

IMG_1831

IMG_1846

I found this gemma collecting technique via youtube from a fellower grower Grahan Hunt. I don't quite remember precise what tools we has using but here's the point: I use a drinking straw and a sock to suck/vacuum the gemma. Take a deep breath and start vacuuming haha!
-
-
Itusilmut syntyvät kasvin keskelle tiheiden karvojen suojaan. Kääpiöäkihokit tekevät huonosti siemeniä joten nämä itusilmut ovat siis paras ja helpoin tapa lisätä näitä kavereita. Itse käytän pilliä ja ohutta sukkaa "imuroidakseni" idut pois. Jos sormin menee närpäilemään niitä irti idut vain lentelee ympäriinsä.
IMG_1852

IMG_1869

IMG_1874

IMG_1878

IMG_1881

Untitled
Iltabonukseksi käytiin vähän syömässä El Torossa :')

No comments:

Post a Comment

kiitos! :-)